The Evolution of a Hockey PlayerJune 29, 2018
The Best Rinks in OttawaJuly 12, 2018
The traditional hockey season may come to an end, however, here at CARHA Hockey and the Ottawa Travellers Hockey League, we believe playing hockey all year-round is a great thing. There is nothing wrong with setting aside an hour a week to play some hockey with your buddies. Here is a list of reasons why you should carry your hockey season through the summer.
- You beat the heat playing in the nice cold hockey arena. That cold rink you dread entering all winter becomes the one place you want to be in the summer.
- Keep your skills sharp. Playing in the summer keeps the rust from building up so when the winter season starts back up you won’t miss a beat.
- Adult recreational leagues generally end before the NHL season ends, so by the time the Stanley Cup rolls around, you become motivated as ever to get on the ice again.
- Summer is for having fun and what is more fun than playing hockey?
- Summer mode means lots of late nights so those late night games don’t seem as rough when the days are longer.
- Helps you stay in shape for beach season.
If you love to play hockey, then why ever stop? Take the winter season pressure off and join a summer league. There’s no law against playing around the clock.